Let us introduce ourselves...
Thornhill is a tiny team based in Hertfordshire in the UK. We started making jewellery quite some years ago in the 90s. Back then we were a simple one-man band, with Ady sourcing materials, creating pieces, packing boxes and doing all of the selling too!
These days though we're a much bigger outfit. In fact, due to popular demand, we've doubled in size. Izabela (Ady's considerably better half) took to the workshop almost 10 years ago, and these days the two share all the sourcing, making, packing and selling responsibilities!
We firmly believe in recycling and re-using materials. The materials we use mostly consist of old, unused coins and vintage silver cutlery, but we even have some more unusual pieces, for example, our cufflinks that are made from inner watch mechanisms, shotgun cartridges and bullets, rings made out of wing flap bearings from the Hercules Aircraft and Damascus steel made form old lawn mower blades.
All of our work is handmade! Some of the more detailed pieces, such as our Tree Of Life designs can take up to six hours to complete. It's a good job we enjoy what we do!
The pieces we make are sometimes weird, often unusual and always wonderful! Whether you're interested in a piece for yourself or as a gift for a loved one. Coins with a special year on are ideal to remember birthdays and anniversaries. Our fork and spoon works are all individual, one-of-a-kind pieces that you will never find an exact replica of.
Getting married? Why not take a look at our new workshop sessions? Join us for a day or a weekend and make your own wedding bands. We'll teach you how we do what we do, and guide you through the process of creating something a lot more cost-effective, green and altogether more special than standard shop-bought wedding bands. We're very good hosts too, with a passion for good food, good wine and great music!
Let us know exactly what you would like, or just give us some pointers and we'll help to design your perfect peace.
At Thornhill we try our best to provide you with the best service possible, from helping you choose to design a piece, right through to helping you care for your jewellery. Here's what to expect from your Thornhill purchase...
- All our jewellery is made to order and it might take unto 3 weeks to complete an order, so if you need your piece sooner just let us know and we will do our best to meet your deadline.
- All of our pendants arrive neatly packaged in black box with the Thornhill logo. All pendants come with a recycled, black wax cord.
- Our rings all arrive in a small, simple, square box.
- Our bracelets are packaged in a high quality, black velvet bag.
- Cuff links come in a beautiful, box with the Thornhill logo inside.
- All of our products come with a guarantee and a free cleaning service (simply send your item to us with a self addressed stamped envelope)
- In the unlikely event that you receive a piece from us that you're not happy with, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do whatever we can to resolve the issue. Your order can take up to three weeks to fulfil as sometimes obtaining the coins can be a little awkward, but we do our best to get it to you ASAP. xx
All of our pieces are made using up-cycled and recycled materials.
All of our pieces are shipped worldwide.
Thanks for taking the time to learn a bit more about us. Enjoy the website and we look forward to hearing from you.